Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2008/03/27 17:24:29 UTC

Re: Automated Build Script

Eric Lemings wrote:

> You like whipping up scripts a lot so I was wonderin: do you have a
> script suitable as a cron job that determines if the Apache Subversion
> repository is available and if so proceeds to grab a snapshot, build it,
> and email the results?
>
> I was thinking about writing such a script for supported STDCXX
> platforms which aren't already handled by Batman (e.g. MacOS X).

Travis and I discussed a solution along these lines a while back.
The buildntest script does much of what you're looking for with
the exception of checking files out and emailing or otherwise
submitting the build results (build log). The main purpose of
the script would be to let non-Rogue Wave users submit their own
build results to us at stdcxx so we could publish them along with
the Rogue Wave ones. Travis was really excited about implementing
build submission part -- it's still in his queue ;-)

Martin