Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gabriel Giussi <ga...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/02 15:26:52 UTC

Why kafka-transactions abort requires topic and partition?

I don't understand why the kafka-transactions cli requires a topic and
partition when a tx could be spawning not only across multiple partitions
but topics.
BTW, when I list the transactions with kafka-transactions list I'm getting
some with state EMPTY, this means the transaction was started by a producer
but didn't receive any record yet? otherwise it should be ongoing right?

Thanks.