Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Igor devor <de...@exotismes.com> on 2006/07/24 18:47:47 UTC

Tomahawk data scroller problem

Hi,

        We use data scroller of tomahawk 1.1.3, with myfaces 1.1.3.

        On our web application, we have a menu, made of  h:outputlink, that
each point on a page with a data scroller (and the same menu).
        The data scroller work correctly, and we can go to the 4th page for
exemple.
        But when we click on another link in menu, ( the data are not the
same for the table ) the page is still on the 4th page of the data scroller.
        And if there is no 4th page for this data, a blank page is display,
and bad value are display for rowsCountVar, displayedRowsCountVar,
firstRowIndexVar, etc... .

        How can we force the data scroller to reset to the first page ?

Many thanks,
Igor Devor

RE: Tomahawk data scroller problem

Posted by Igor devor <de...@exotismes.com>.
Hi,

OutputLink have no action but commandLink yes.
And <f:actionListener throw exception :  javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
Component _idJsp8 is no ActionSource
I use like this in a h:outputLink :

<f:actionListener type="someBean.someMethodeAction" />

public void someMethodeAction( ActionEvent event ) { (log.debug) }

We don't want to use commandLink  because we need to have full control on
url ( we use url rewriting for referencing )

I will try with backing been, if i could do something.

Thanks for your aswer.
Igor

Bind the dataTable component to one Java bean class's property, say
MyBackBean.dataTable. And Call

dataTable.setFirst(0);

in your h:outputLink action or listener method.

Good luck,

Zhi