Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by 蒋晓峰 <pr...@163.com> on 2019/07/18 02:25:20 UTC

Apache CarbonData 2 RoadMap Feedback

Hi Community,

   I have already read CarbonData 2 roadmap.I consider that integration with Flink of CarbonData 2 features should take more effort to focus on its implementation.As we all know,the 1.9 version of Flink will be released at the end of this month,which is merged with Blink of Alibaba.Building real-time data warehouses through the CarbonData integration of Flink will attract many engineers to use CarbonData to add more real-time artificial intelligence platform possibilities.It's just my option,and I have great interest in build integration with Flink together with you.

Thanks,

Nicholas

回复: Apache CarbonData 2 RoadMap Feedback

Posted by xubo245 <60...@qq.com>.
There are some problem when user handle AI data. For example, it's very slow when user upload or download lots of images from S3. It need about 10 hours when user upload 10 million images(40GB) to S3 by using 1 threads. AI developer also want to manage structured data and unstructured data for their AI training algorithm and predict or others.

We already do some works on CarbonData for AI domain, the performance is great, CarbonData is faster many times than raw data when upload/download data from S3. But there still has some problem,  CarbonData should support or optimize. CarbonData should be ready to support data management for AI application.

by qq mail

Yes, Flink and CarbonData integration will definitely attract more users.
We welcome any contributions in that direction.

Regards,
Ravindra.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

Re: Apache CarbonData 2 RoadMap Feedback

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,