Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> on 2014/02/25 12:54:34 UTC

Blog post and press info

Hi all,

wow - very much things happen to the CouchDB project staff. That's awesome
and I would like to thank all the people who took the efforts to attract
people to join the project.

I think it would be great to write a press post / article for the CouchDB
blog and also sending it to Peter Cooper for the DB-weekly newsletter. The
content could be:

_ some community numbers e.g. subscribers to main ml's
_ some info about (new) committers and (new) PMC
_ targets for 2014
_ general info about CouchDB status eg. version and the merge efforts

Would love to read your thoughts about this.

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: Blog post and press info

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
On 25 February 2014 17:13, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> Custom app/Mailchip is a bit OTT for now. Let's just get a manual
> process that works first. :)

hm ... probably you're right - I have this small app in my mind but ... ok
:)

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: Blog post and press info

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Custom app/Mailchip is a bit OTT for now. Let's just get a manual
process that works first. :)

On 25 February 2014 17:09, Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> Noah,
>
> On 25 February 2014 16:48, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Started this:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Promotion
>

> I am still waiting for access granted from infra ... (or someone else ...)
>
>> Will collect other info about this here too.
>>
>> Gonna create a page for the weekly news stuff also.
>

> very cool!
>
>> On 25 February 2014 16:28, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Andy,
>> >
>> > Note that we provide a board report quarterly that has this info
>> > summarised. So you can use some of that if you like.
>

> I already thought about this. Thanks!
>

>> > Individual committer/PMC elections are not enough for a blog post. But
>> > I was hoping one day that we'd include them in a "weekly news" sort of
>> > thing. As I mention on another thread, we have someone lined up to
>> > work on that. Woo!
>

> yeah - that's what would be cool to have. I will wait for your further info
> on that :) looking forward ...
>

>> > A general status update wrt the merges is a good idea. And it would be
>> > nice to wrap up the 2014 goals thread, and perhaps summarise that. I
>> > think these two things would be good for the blog.
>

> I try to write that in the next days and will post it here for copy edit
>

>> > As for Peter Cooper's suggestion. Perhaps we can keep a list of places
>> > to ping about news on the wiki. And then we can integrate this in our
>> > promotion procedures for big events, blog posts, and so on.
>

> I was thinking about creating a small app where we can collect the
> recipients and fire a email to them. It could also be mailchimp or the like.
> I will dig into this a bit more.
>

>> > Please feel free to start these things!
>

> Already did :) Thanks a lot for your input ...
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

>> > --
>> > Noah Slater