Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/05/11 17:07:27 UTC

Contributed mailets

Hi guys,

what you guys think about a jar in which we include contributed
"unofficial" mailets and matchers ? So we can keep our core james dist
clean and small. The other good thing about this whould be that we can
offer more mailets for the users. We could mark the extra mailets and
matchers as "experimental".

So enduser only must place the jar to the apps/james/SAR-INF/lib dir and
set it in the config.xml.

Any drawbacks or comments ?

bye
Norman

Re: Contributed mailets

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Imho the best thing would be to have a sourceforge repository where
people can submit new mailets (source/binary).

The problem is that this thing takes time.

The sourceforge repository would allow us to redistribute mailets using
GPL/LGPL and any other not-ASL-friendly licenses.

Imho we should keep using JIRA as the repository for user contributed
mailets until we'll have something better.

Stefano