Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by DAVID HUGHES-OWENS <DA...@STANNAH.CO.UK> on 2014/05/08 17:19:59 UTC

GlAccountHistory & computeGlAccountBalanceForTimePeriod

I am doing a bit of investigation around how GL account balances are stored
in Ofbiz.

>From what I can gather the GlAccountHistory entity stores the opening &
closing balances along with a total of debits and credits.

This I presume is created by the computeGlAccountBalanceForTimePeriod
service at the point the period is closed?

I can see that this is working when closing fiscal monthly periods, but I am
unsure how closing the fiscal year effects the GL account balances. This is
more difficult to view due to the dates involved.

My question really is around how to roll over the balance sheet GL account
balances into the following fiscal year?

Is there logic built into the service that will roll over the balance sheet
balances?

How does it recognise a gl account is balance sheet and not P&L, and to
bring the balance forward?

Re: GlAccountHistory & computeGlAccountBalanceForTimePeriod

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

According to code in trunk there is only one service defined for closing
time periods in the accounting module called closeFinancialTimePeriod. This
service calls a same-named script in GeneralLedgerServices.xml.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by DAVID HUGHES-OWENS <DA...@STANNAH.CO.UK>.
Thanks Sharan,

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi David

Have you tried doing a test of a fiscal year closing just using the demo
data to see what it brings through?
You can run the accounting reports before and after to get a view of what is
being brought forward (or not).

Thanks
Sharan