Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Robert A. Ober" <ro...@robob.com> on 2014/10/08 22:48:23 UTC

Re: Score Ignored

On 9/22/14 4:20 PM, RW wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:11:44 -0500
> Robert A. Ober wrote:
>

>> *Yes,  my test messages and SPAM hit the rules but ignore the score.*
> What score does it have?
>
> Could it be that the score got set after spamd was restarted?
__________________________________

What is the easiest way to know what score is applied per rule? Neither
the server log nor the header breaks it down.

Not sure what you mean by the score set after spamd was restarted. Don't
know how that would happen.

To answer earlier ideas/questions,  I have retyped and the rules are not
duplicated.

Baffled and annoyed,
Robert A. Ober

Re: Score Ignored

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 15:48 -0500, Robert A. Ober wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:11:44 -0500 Robert A. Ober wrote:

> > > *Yes,  my test messages and SPAM hit the rules but ignore the score.*

> What is the easiest way to know what score is applied per rule? Neither
> the server log nor the header breaks it down.

Wait. If there's no Report, if you do not have the list of rules hit and
its respective scores, how do you tell your custom rule's score is
ignored by SA?

Besides the Report as mentioned by Axb already, you also can modify the
default Status header to include per-rule scores.

add_header all Status "_YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTSSCORES(,)_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_"

Re: Score Ignored

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 10/9/2014 9:40 AM, Axb wrote:
> On 10/09/2014 03:30 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:

>>> I think the SA's docs show you how
>>>
>>> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt

>>> _REPORT_          terse report of tests hit (for header reports)
>>>
>>> put this in you local.cf :
>>>
>>> add_header all Report _REPORT_
>>>
>>> iirc, this will add a nice  X-Spam-Report:  header with a list of rules
>>> AND scores.
>> This should already be the default for messages marked as spam.  The
>> line above will add the report to ham messages as well.
> I don't see that in the default templates in 10_default_prefs.cf
> am I missing something? blind?
>
> if you use report_safe 0 does it really add the full reports?
>
> It's been years since I've used an aboslutely default SA.

I don't know where you would find it in the templates.  I just know that
by default, SA adds an X-Spam-Report header to spam.  It looks like this
(blacklisted ip addresses removed to avoid spam filters):

     *      [xx.xx.xx.xx listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
     * -1.0 RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H3 RBL: Good reputation (+3)
     *      [xx.xx.xx.xx listed in wl.mailspike.net]
     *  2.0 BAYES_80 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 80 to 95%
     *      [score: 0.8911]
     *  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
     *      valid
     * -0.0 RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL Mailspike good senders
     *  0.0 TVD_SPACE_RATIO No description available.
     *  0.8 BODY_URI_ONLY Message body is only a URI in one line of text
or for
     *      an image
     *  2.8 TVD_SPACE_RATIO_MINFP No description available.
     *  0.2 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

Ah!  Apparently, this is only done with a setting of report_safe 0.

 From the report_safe section of the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf man page:
         If this option is set to 0, incoming spam is only modified by
adding some "X-Spam-" headers
         and no changes will be made to the body.  In addition, a header
named X-Spam-Report will be
         added to spam.

The line:
         add_header all Report _REPORT_
will add this header to all messages regardless of spam status.

--
Bowie

Re: Score Ignored

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.

Re: Score Ignored

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

Re: Score Ignored

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 10/08/2014 10:48 PM, Robert A. Ober wrote:
> On 9/22/14 4:20 PM, RW wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:11:44 -0500
>> Robert A. Ober wrote:
>>

>>> *Yes,  my test messages and SPAM hit the rules but ignore the score.*
>> What score does it have?
>>
>> Could it be that the score got set after spamd was restarted?
> __________________________________
>
> What is the easiest way to know what score is applied per rule? Neither
> the server log nor the header breaks it down.

I think the SA's docs show you how

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt

>>> TEMPLATE TAGS

_REPORT_          terse report of tests hit (for header reports)

put this in you local.cf :

add_header all Report _REPORT_

iirc, this will add a nice  X-Spam-Report:  header with a list of rules
AND scores.

and when in doubt, rtfm:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/
and/or in the local box via perldoc spamassassin