Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2006/11/06 17:40:53 UTC

Problem with Ant build system

If a folder on your path contains a space then the ant process fails to build.

This is due to the custom Ant code.

The Map.java code splits incoming propery value is split on regex "\\s+".

Changing module.xml line 23 to include a split value.

  <map property="module" value="${basedir}" split="${path.separator}">

AFAICT there is only ever going to be one directory in the ${basedir}
value hence use the system path.separator will not cause a problem but
allow spaces in the path

Can someone with a greater knowledge confirm this will not break the
build system.

It works for me but that isn't enough for me to make the change in SVN.

Would be good to get this fixed for M1. So windows peeps can use ant
to compile out of the box.

Cheers
--
Martin Ritchie