Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joost Schalken <jo...@wapforce.com> on 2000/11/23 16:31:30 UTC

XSP-Taglib namespaces

Hi,

I am currently developing an XSP Taglib to do some standard thing for our WAP developmentteam.
When trying to register the taglib in Cocoon (1.8) I saw in the cocoon.properties file that I had to
give the name of the namespace instead of the namespace URL to add a Taglib processor.

for example:
processor.xsp.logicsheet.global.java   = resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/global.xsl

To my best of knowledge you are as a developer free to use any namespace identifier, as long as
the namespace is correct. Does this indicate a design flaw in Cocoon or did I misunderstand the
setup of the properties-files.

With kind regards,

Joost Schalken

---
      Joost Schalken
      Software Architect
      joost@wapforce.com
      (+31) (0)294 287 145

Re: XSP-Taglib namespaces

Posted by h e n r i k <he...@xl-studio.se>.
> I am currently developing an XSP Taglib to do some standard thing for
> our WAP developmentteam.
> When trying to register the taglib in Cocoon (1.8) I saw in the
> cocoon.properties file that I had to
> give the name of the namespace instead of the namespace URL to add a
> Taglib processor.
>
> for example:
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.global.java   =
> resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/global.xsl
>
> To my best of knowledge you are as a developer free to use any
> namespace identifier, as long as
> the namespace is correct. Does this indicate a design flaw in Cocoon
> or did I misunderstand the
> setup of the properties-files.

I questioned earlier how I could change the mappings and got the answer
to change indentifier in the properties file. Taglib are changeble but
I don't think "xsp" are!?

I also tought namespace-identifier mapping was upto me as an developer
to individually set in every xml file.

Are we both mistaken?

/ h e n r i k