Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/17 19:40:50 UTC

Need Help Testing on Mono and Linux

I am just wrapped up the SI_XPT branch. There are a lot of new feature and
bug fixes coming out, the largest features being 1) the new plugin framework
for writing plugins in .NET; 2)  the VS and SD support for building maven
projects (still in very early stages on the IDE support); 3) snapshot and
deployment support (thanks to Evan and Zak for that one).

I'd like to merge this over to trunk soon, but there is still a lot of
testing that needs to be done, particularly on Mono Windows/Linux. I don't
yet know how the new plugin framework - using the 2.0 app domains - operates
on Mono; and  I have not yet even gotten around to writing a build script
for Linux, so that is another issue.

Any help that people on this list could provide with the cross-platform
testing and bug fixing would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

Submit Bugs: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/NMAVEN
SVN Checkout:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/nmaven/branches/SI_XPT

Re: Need Help Testing on Mono and Linux

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Néstor,

Could you try checking out and building the trunk? I also ran into the issue
of the mssing codehaus dependencies (it showed up a couple of days ago
when a new maven 2.1 snapshot pulled in a snaphot from codehaus). I added
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org to the repositories section of the
root pom.xml and that solved my problem. This addition is in the trunk. See
if that works.

Thanks,
Shane

Posted by Néstor Salceda <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
Okay great. Néstor . We can definitely use Mono/Linux testing since my
primary development platform is currently Windows. I have not tested the
deploy plugin and remote resolving on Linux, so that is a big one. Also the
integration tests are not nearly as complete for Mono and there is no script
to run the IT tests for Linux. I did confirm, however, that the new
AppDomains are not supported with Mono, so no need to test that. The Mono
guys asked me to file a bug, with test cases; but I haven't had time to
create the test cases. Help in any of these areas (or just general testing)
would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again,
Shane

Posted by Néstor Salceda <ne...@gmail.com>.