Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/02/07 00:50:05 UTC

one more thing needed for the new API...

most important thing in a new API is a catchy name.

Hey, I'm serious.

Re: one more thing needed for the new API...

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 07:51 PM 2/6/98 -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>>
>> > most important thing in a new API is a catchy name.
>> >
>> > Hey, I'm serious.
>>
>> How about the Common Request Application Programming Interface?  Or,
>> CRAPI!
>>

>Standard Networking Application Programming Interface: SNAPI   :)

Uh, CORBA?

*duck*

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com

Re: one more thing needed for the new API...

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
> most important thing in a new API is a catchy name.
>
> Hey, I'm serious.

How about the Common Request Application Programming Interface?  Or,
CRAPI!

Personally I think Apache should use its now massive influence in the
market to push a server API standard.  My life would certainly be much
simpler if I only had to write to one API.

-Rasmus

Re: one more thing needed for the new API...

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@leland.Stanford.EDU>.
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> most important thing in a new API is a catchy name.
>
> Hey, I'm serious.

I still like "Sneeze".

(For those who missed my previous message, take the acronym of "Apache
httpd 2.0" - ah2, and pronounce it out load)

Or we could go with a Native American name. Wouldn't be the first time.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@stanford.edu> <http://www.stanford.edu/~akosut/>