Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shreejay <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/10 23:15:48 UTC

SolrCloud OOM heap space

Hi All,

I am getting constant OOM errors on a SolrCloud instance. (3 shards, 2 solr
instance in each shard, each server with 22gb Of Memory, Xmx = 12GB for java
) .

Here is a error log:
http://pastie.org/private/dcga3kfatvvamslmtvrp0g

As of now  Iam not indexing any more documents. The total size of index on
each server is around 36-40 GB.
-Xmx12288m -DSTOP.PORT=8079 -DSTOP.KEY=ABC
-XX:NewRatio=1 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/log
-Djetty.port=8983 -DzkHost=ZooKeeperServer001:2181 -jar start.jar"

If anyone has faced similar issues please let me know.

--Shreejay

RE: SolrCloud OOM heap space

Posted by shreejay <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marcus. I will apply the patch to the 4x branch I have, and report
back.

RE: SolrCloud OOM heap space

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi - We're using trunk (5x) but we don't see it on trunk builds from a few months ago. In the case of the linked issue the oom occurs some time after start up but i'm not sure this applies to you. You can test the patch if you think it applies to you, we will test it tomorrow.

If the patch does not help you or you experience a different issue you might want to open a new issue.

RE: SolrCloud OOM heap space

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi - the stack trace and preceding log entries look similar to what i've seen and reported on. A patch has just been attached to the issue, perhaps you can try it if the description matches your scenario and report back on Jira.