Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joe Latty <jo...@tias.com.au> on 2003/10/22 05:42:03 UTC

Cocoon-2.2 and cannot resolve symbol errors

I have obtained cocoon-2.2 from the cvs repository. When I attempt to do a build I receive 63 errors. The first is:

    [javac] C:\cocoon-2.2\src\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\language\generator\GeneratorSelector.java:79: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ExcaliburComponentSelector
    [javac] location: class org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector
    [javac] public class GeneratorSelector extends ExcaliburComponentSelector implements Disposable {

If I open GeneratorSelector and add

import org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector;

the other 62 errors are much the same "cannot resolve symbol" errors due to the lack of import statements.

Is this by design, a trick for newbies perhaps?

Joe

Re: Cocoon-2.2 and cannot resolve symbol errors

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Joe,

The Cocoon 2.2 repository is new, and is currently undergoing some
significant refactoring. Work is still to be done to make it actually
build.

If you are curious about how 2.2 is changing, or want to contribute to
the process, then check out the 2.2 module. If you want something that
actually works, and you can use, then stick with 2.1 which is the
stable, maintained release.

Regards, Upayavira