Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Anaparti <Su...@shapeblue.com> on 2022/02/25 15:08:56 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Hi All,

I have created a 4.16.1.0 release (RC2), with the following artifacts up for testing and a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SHA:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/4.16.1.0-RC20220225T1901
Commit: cad9332082a1f85eedc30cf547ae28224be170c2

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.16.1.0/

PGP release keys (signed using D6E0581ECF8A2FBE3FF6B3C9D7CEAE3A9E71D0AA):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

The vote will be open until 2nd March 2022.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

For users convenience, the packages from this release candidate (RC2) and
4.16.1 systemvm templates are available here:
https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/4.16.1.0-RC2/
https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.16/

Documentation is not published yet, but the following may be referenced for upgrade related tests:
(there's a new 4.16.1 systemvm template to be registered prior to upgrade)
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation/tree/4.16/source/upgrading/upgrade

NOTES on the issues fixed in this RC2 release:

(these do *NOT* require a full retest if you were testing RC1 already -
just if you were affected by these issues):
- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6017 (regression in register template form
when select/unselect check boxes using space in keyboard)
- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6026 (affects volumes on managed storages when
stopping or migrating a VM)
- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6038 (regression in SSVM scaling down behavior,
new config 'secstorage.vm.auto.scale.down' added to control scaling down)

Regards,
Suresh

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 Binding,

Done upgrades from 4.9, 4.11, 4,13 and 4.15 with different hypervisors. Also tested basic lifecycle operations on VMs, networks, volumes and others. No issues were found.

Regards,
Bobby.

Posted by Suresh Anaparti <Su...@shapeblue.com>.
Agree with Rohit, and it's a very rare case.

@Gabriel, Do you agree to continue with 4.16.1.0 RC2?

Regards,
Suresh

On 01/03/22, 3:10 PM, "Andrija Panic" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

    That makes sense, Rohit, indeed. UUID is impossible to guess.

    Gabriel, Suresh?

    --

    Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks,

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Harikrishna Patnala <Ha...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Wednesday, 2 March 2022 at 04:02
To: dev <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
+1

Tested on a VMware environment with VM and volume operations on NFS and Datastore Cluster storage types and a few network operations.

Thanks,
Harikrishna
________________________________
Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Regards.
________________________________

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Regards.
________________________________

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 Binding,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Tested upgrading 4.13.1 with multiple hypervisors, automatic-systemVM
template registration; basic VM/network lifecycle, Advanced Zone.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Slavka Peleva <sl...@storpool.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Suresh Anaparti <Su...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

    --
    Daan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Daan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)