Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sidney <si...@netzero.com> on 2006/09/03 00:18:38 UTC

Does Nutch index images?

Does nutch index images? If not or/and if so how can I go about creating a
separate search category for searching for images like the major search
engines have? If anyone can give any information on this I would be very
grateful.
Sent from the Nutch - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Does Nutch index images?

Posted by Tomi NA <he...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/06, Sidney <si...@netzero.com> wrote:

> Does nutch index images? If not or/and if so how can I go about creating a
> separate search category for searching for images like the major search
> engines have? If anyone can give any information on this I would be very
> grateful.

You could go format by format, writing nutch plugins to access image
metadata for .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff etc.
Don't know about writing a nutch plugin, but I don't think reading
image metadata is too much of a problem in java.
This might be a good place to start:
http://schmidt.devlib.org/java/image-io-libraries.html

t.n.a.

Re: Does Nutch index images?

Posted by srampl <se...@gmail.com>.
I have knowledge abt how to create text seach engine using nutch. But now i
need to create image search index and image search engine like google, any
body having idea about this plz guide how to do this, i need very
urgently,,,,Plzzzzzzzzzzz

I am waiting for ur reply

thanks in advance