Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by David Norwood <da...@virtuant.com> on 2006/10/16 21:13:33 UTC

Table aliases

Hi,

I've got several tables that are ok in Oracle, but happen to be reserved
words in SQL Server. Is there a way to use an alias in Cayenne, rather than
my having to rename these tables?

-david

Re: Table aliases

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
On Oct 17, 2006, at 14:55, Tomi NA wrote:

> 2006/10/17, Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I think this can be solved by wrapping the column and table names in
>> []. Take a look at the following issue.
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-289
>
> Well, it seems it's zero-priority: otherwise 18 months in the queue
> would have resulted in a patch of some kind...my approach? After the
> first incident,
> i_was_lucky_enough_not_to_have_to_work_with_legacy_databases
> :)

Well, I guess it is up to anyone to upload a patch in jira if they
want this feature :) I just wantet to point David to the old discussion.

  - Tore.

Re: Table aliases

Posted by Tomi NA <he...@gmail.com>.
2006/10/17, Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>:
> Hello.
>
> I think this can be solved by wrapping the column and table names in
> []. Take a look at the following issue.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-289

Well, it seems it's zero-priority: otherwise 18 months in the queue
would have resulted in a patch of some kind...my approach? After the
first incident,
i_was_lucky_enough_not_to_have_to_work_with_legacy_databases
 :)

t.n.a.

Re: Table aliases

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.