Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <ch...@univativ.de> on 2006/08/25 09:52:47 UTC

Connection not closeing ater sending result of pipeline

Hi,

I am currently working on integrating a secondary system to our Cocoon based application. For this we have a pipeline using a request in a multipart http request to do some processing and use a cocoon-pipeline for sending the result. Everything is working fine except for one thing. Even if Cocoon sends the response in far under one second, the connection is shut-down and an EOF is sent 20 seconds later. Is there a way to let cocoon not keep connection active after sending the request? It seems that keeping the connection alive is a good thing for serving browsers, but in our case the client is a simple socket-based application.

Regards,

      Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

Re: Connection not closeing ater sending result of pipeline

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 8/25/06, Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de <ch...@univativ.de> wrote:

> ...It seems that keeping the
> connection alive is a good thing for serving browsers, but in our case the
> client is a simple socket-based application. ..

Have you tried adding a "Connection: close" HTTP header to your client request?

I've never tried it, but IIUC it should disable keepalive, which is
the default in HTTP 1.1

-Bertrand