Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ben Gill <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/12 17:50:20 UTC

Auto WSDL Generation Problem

Hi,

I am not sure if the Axis 1.2 and Java 1.5 go well together or not but
I am trying to get things working...

I have validated the axishappy.jsp is fine..    but when I access
/myapp/services I can see my published service and the exposed methods
on it...  I can even call it fine by my Java client and it works!!

But when I click on the wsdl link I get error message:

AXIS error

Could not generate WSDL!

There is no SOAP service at this location

But I have registered all the servlets etc.. in my web.xml..

 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
   <display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet</display-name>
   <servlet-class>
       org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet
   </servlet-class>
 </servlet>

 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>AdminServlet</servlet-name>
   <display-name>Axis Admin Servlet</display-name>
   <servlet-class>
       org.apache.axis.transport.http.AdminServlet
   </servlet-class>
   <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
   <display-name>SOAPMonitorService</display-name>
   <servlet-class>
       org.apache.axis.monitor.SOAPMonitorService
   </servlet-class>
   <init-param>
     <param-name>SOAPMonitorPort</param-name>
     <param-value>5001</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

Does anyone know what is wrong?  I have searched the docs + mailing
lists but cannot find anything!!   I have seen it working once (ie.
the WSDL link), but I dont know why it is not working any more?

Can anyone help?

Re: Auto WSDL Generation Problem

Posted by Ben Gill <be...@gmail.com>.
To be more concise, can anyone explain why I can access my Web
service, but not get Axis to autogen the WSDL? and receive error:

AXIS error

Could not generate WSDL!

There is no SOAP service at this location

and not get any errors in my log file either....?

I have published a server-config.wsdd file as:

 <service name="EmployeeService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className" value="com.services.EmployeeService"/>
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="testEmployeeService
updateEmployee loadEmployeesByFirstName"/>
  <beanMapping qname="myNS:Employee" xmlns:myNS="urn:EmployeeService"
languageSpecificType="java:com.employees.pojo.Employee"/>
  <beanMapping qname="myNS:EmployeeList"
xmlns:myNS="urn:EmployeeService"
languageSpecificType="java:java.util.List"/>

  <!--
    Axis supports scoping service objects (the actual Java objects
which implement
    your methods) three ways. "Request" scope, the default, will
create a new object
    each time a SOAP request comes in for your service. "Application"
scope will
    create a singleton shared object to service all requests.
"Session" scope will
    create a new object for each session-enabled client who accesses
your service.
  -->
  <parameter name="scope" value="Session"/>
 </service>

</deployment>

deployed into my WEB-INF dir...

could it be something todo with the fact that I am using JAX-RPC?