Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ranjith raghunath <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/07 03:52:35 UTC

Spill related errors after modifying parameters

This seems a little odd but after modifying the following parameters

io.sort.mb
*io*.*sort*.*spill*.percent
mapred.min.split.size
mapred.inmem.merge.threshold

mapred.child.java.opts

I am seeing the following error messages:

java.io.IOException: Spill failed at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.
MapTask$MapOutputBuffer.collect(MapTask.java:1029) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewOutputCollector.write(MapTask.java:691)

Any help on this topic appreciated would be appreciated

Thanks

Spill related errors after modifying parameters

Posted by ranjith raghunath <ra...@gmail.com>.
In looking through the conversations on this mailing list I though this
conversation may be appropriate here. I apologize for the duplication. The
issue that i am having is around spill failure after memory modifications.
The error messages however are around security. I am using hadoop 1.0.3.
Have listed some more context below.