Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/16 08:40:42 UTC

Proposing Apache Mesos stand at FOSDEM 2015

Later this week, proposals for FOSDEM stands are due. For those not already
aware, FOSDEM is a free open source event in Brussels that attracts over
5000 hackers, and will be held next year on January 31 and February 1st.

I plan to put in a stand proposal for Apache Mesos later this week, and
would love volunteers to help out. Who wants in? I've started a Google Doc,
please add your name and help rise the short proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hyZrRisTGXNyzJaKoAkgxuZqbWk-T3PThq4KD4ZZJdw/edit?usp=sharing,
and optionally leave a comment on this email thread if you'd like to
chime-in.

Thanks!
Dave

I've copy/pasted further details about the CFP below for your convenience:

Stands
FOSDEM offers open source projects the opportunity to display their work
during the event. At their stand, a project can share information, demo
software, sell merchandise, give away goodies, and so on, and personally
interact with the visitors.

What we offer
* one 180x80cm table, positioned in one of the buildings with developer
rooms, for the entire duration of the conference. In some cases, a second
table may be possible, if you have a good reason to need two.
* two chairs per table
* one power socket type C/E (if you require adapters or additional sockets,
please bring them yourself)
* fast uplink shared wireless Internet access

Submission details
Send your request via email to stands@fosdem.org. Please include at least
the following information:

* Project name
* Stand description
* Project URLs
* Your name and relation to the project
* Why should FOSDEM accept this proposal?
* Optionally, if requesting two tables, motivation for the second table

Re: Proposing Apache Mesos stand at FOSDEM 2015

Posted by Nils De Moor <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion on this one. We are co-hosting a pre-FOSDEM
gathering with the Elasticsearch meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/ElasticSearch-User-Group-Belux-Belgium-Luxembourg/events/218995270/

They have Shay Banon, creator of ElasticSearch, keynoting.
Afterwards we organise a hackathon with BigBoards.io, a Belgian startup,
that builds embedded boxes to serve local Big Data clusters.
The idea is to build support for Mesos into their system.

So feel free to join us!

Nils

Posted by Nils De Moor <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,