Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Morgan Lindqvist <mo...@ericsson.com> on 2016/09/16 11:39:36 UTC

[QPID C++][Java JMS client] Data gets corrupted when sent to the server over SSL

Hi all,

I have an issue that data gets corrupted if the size is 66068 but not if it
is 65068 or smaller when using the JavaJMS client. The server is QPIC C++
and SSL encryption is used.

If I instead use a Node JS based client I have no issues with the size of
the messages. I have sent a 1MB large message and it came through as it
should.

Is there a setting in a client that changes how it behaves when it comes to
large messages?

I guess there could be a bug in the QPID C++ server implementation that is
triggered by the JMS client. Any opinions on this?

I have been searching for related issues and I only found this one,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-537, but it is solved.

Any pointer what could be the issue and how I could solve it?

(I can not use the Node JS client, I need a Java client)

Best Regards,
Morgan

Environment information:

Server:
QPID C++ server version 1.35.0 (from PPA Testing
https://launchpad.net/~qpid/+archive/ubuntu/testing)
OS: Ubuntu 14.04
AMQP version: 1.0

Client with issue:
QPID Java JMS client
Version 6.0.4
Java version: 1.8.0_101

Client that works:
Node JS AMQP10: https://www.npmjs.com/package/amqp10
Version: 3.2.5
Node version: 4.5.0

Re: [QPID C++][Java JMS client] Data gets corrupted when sent to the server over SSL

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Ok - that's curious.  That would suggest a defect either in the
'legacy' AMQP 0-x Qpid JMS client or CPP Broker.   Would you be able
to produce a minimal JMS test case that demonstrates the problem and
raise a JIRA?  When you say corrupted - how exactly?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID

Thanks, Keith

Posted by Jean-Marc Pedersen <jm...@euman.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 16/09/16 12:39, Morgan Lindqvist wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an issue that data gets corrupted if the size is 66068 but not if it
> is 65068 or smaller when using the JavaJMS client. The server is QPIC C++
> and SSL encryption is used.
>
> If I instead use a Node JS based client I have no issues with the size of
> the messages. I have sent a 1MB large message and it came through as it
> should.
>
> Is there a setting in a client that changes how it behaves when it comes to
> large messages?
>
> I guess there could be a bug in the QPID C++ server implementation that is
> triggered by the JMS client. Any opinions on this?
>
> I have been searching for related issues and I only found this one,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-537, but it is solved.
>

> Any pointer what could be the issue and how I could solve it?
>
> (I can not use the Node JS client, I need a Java client)

Could you try with the AMQP 1.0 JMS client? (Latest version is 0.11.0)