Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 21:41:41 UTC

[lang] release 3.11 soon

HI All,

I'd like to release 3.11 soon. I've not looked at the new Locks class yet
though.

Gary

Re: [lang] release 3.11 soon

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.
I will take a look at that issue for Circuit Breakers using old swing/desktop classes, and see if it can be deprecated so that we can use Java 9 modules without requiring the java.desktop module too.

But not a blocker for 3.11, just nice to deprecate as soon as possible, to give more time for users to prepare for a change in 4.x I think.

I think I only looked at the new Locks due to some checkstyle issue that involved a commit for that. I will see if I can read the code before the release/vote thread starts, and check if anything needs to be done before the release.

And thanks for RM'ing it.

Cheers

Bruno

Re: [lang] release 3.11 soon

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I would like to cut an RC in the next couple of days. There is no rush get
more PRs, there will always be more releases for your changes; -)

Gary

Re: [lang] release 3.11 soon

Posted by Xeno Amess <xe...@gmail.com>.
Hi.