Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/11/20 23:07:09 UTC

[VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Hello,
Hadoop-1.1.1-rc0 is now available for evaluation and vote:
    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.1-rc0/
or in the Nexus repository.

The release notes are available at
    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.1-rc0/releasenotes.html

20 bugs have been fixed, compared to release 1.1.0, with no backward
incompatibilities.
I took the opportunity to assure that all branch-1.0 changes are in 1.1.1,
and all branch-1.1 changes are in branch-1.
The jira database has been made consistent.

Please vote.  Voting will end on Tuesday 27 Nov., at 2:05pm PST.

Thank you,
--Matt Foley
release manager

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
+1, nonbinding.

I installed it and ran TestDFSIO and a few other tests.  Looks good to me.

best,
Colin

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey all,
Please vote!  Voting is supposed to close tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 20 November 2012 22:07, Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> Hadoop-1.1.1-rc0 is now available for evaluation and vote:
>     http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.1-rc0/
> or in the Nexus repository.
>
> The release notes are available at
>     http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.1.1-rc0/releasenotes.html
>
> 20 bugs have been fixed, compared to release 1.1.0, with no backward
> incompatibilities.
> I took the opportunity to assure that all branch-1.0 changes are in 1.1.1,
> and all branch-1.1 changes are in branch-1.
> The jira database has been made consistent.
>
> Please vote.  Voting will end on Tuesday 27 Nov., at 2:05pm PST.

+1.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified sigs, ran a single-node cluster.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, non binding

ran system tests on secure and non secure clusters and no new regressions were found.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Luke Lu <ll...@apache.org>.
Another more serious issue is MAPREDUCE-4478. It manifests as some TTs
burns CPU even if nothing is running. This can only be fixed by manually
restart the affected TTs.

This is a trivial patch. I think it would be good to include in all 1.x
branches.

Sorry for missing the vote. I was on vacation :)

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.
You all probably saw my note that I am spinning a 1.1.2-rc0, because of
blocker bug HADOOP-9115.
All of the patches mentioned above that were too late for 1.1.1 have been
committed to branch-1.1 in the meantime, and will also be included in
1.1.2-rc0.

Thanks,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Hadoop-1.1.1-rc0 passed on a vote of 4 "+1" binding, 3 "+1" non-binding, no
"0" or "-1".
Thanks to all who voted.  I will finish publishing it over the next day or
so, and then announce it.

Andy, please commit MAPREDUCE-2374 to branch-1 and branch-1.1.  That way it
will be picked up by anyone who takes source code, and it will be in 1.1.2
and/or 1.2.0.  It does not appear serious enough to invalidate the 1.1.1

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Andy Isaacson <ad...@cloudera.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I started a cluster on 3 Ubuntu VMs: 1 * namenode/jobtracker, 2 *
datanode/tasktracker.  I ran a few jobs and everything worked as expected.

Thank you,
--Chris

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Release 1.1.1

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.