Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/10 08:34:40 UTC

Re: why rbm was removed from mahout?

The algorithm wasn't particularly scalable.  Nobody was around to support
it.  Nobody complained about the many warnings that it would be removed,
nor the deprecation.  Nor even the removal.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
The algorithm never made it to the codebase and remained a patch for
sometime when the original author recalled the patch while we were working
on 0.8.
It wasn't scalable and the author didn't think it was worth committing to
trunk.

Re: Re: why rbm was removed from mahout?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Check out H2O.

http://0xdata.com/

Posted by "zhonghongfei@yy.com" <zh...@yy.com>.