Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Taft, Jason" <ja...@xelus.com> on 2003/05/14 15:13:17 UTC

component versioning and usage rationale

I am looking for an explanation of the versioning functionality, and the
intended use cases.

Here is the scenario I am struggling with...

With regard to our internally developed components, we want to depend on the
most recent minor release. For example, we have a 1.4 release. Next week we
have a point release to fix a bug -- 1.4.1 (possibly 1.4.2, 1.4.3, ... in
the future). We want our components to depend on release 1.4, and use the
most recent point release of the 1.4 component.

Any suggestions or comments?