Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Planting, Hans" <Ha...@nl.compuware.com> on 2006/02/24 15:30:06 UTC

using axis 1.6 or moving to axis2?

Hi there,

We're considering the use of axis c/c++ to help us implement dynamic
webservices integration with our c/c++ based product. Will axis-c 1.6 offer
the same functionality as axis java 1.2.1 (or 1.3) that we have used for
java-based implementations??  Will it also be WS-I/JAX-RPC1.1 compliant?
Around what date is version 1.6 expected to reach final release status?
We're also looking at the Axis2 project - how far is the Axis2 for c/c++
project advancing? Would you recommend us using axis2 for c++ instead of
axis-c 1.6?

Kind regards,

Hans

and then destroy it.

Re: using axis 1.6 or moving to axis2?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Planting, Hans wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>We're considering the use of axis c/c++ to help us implement dynamic
>webservices integration with our c/c++ based product. Will axis-c 1.6 offer
>the same functionality as axis java 1.2.1 (or 1.3) that we have used for
>java-based implementations??  Will it also be WS-I/JAX-RPC1.1 compliant?
>Around what date is version 1.6 expected to reach final release status?

I have been busy with Axis 2 implementation for some time now and hence
not that the right person to comment on 1.6 release date.
Would leave this part to those who contibuted most to 1.6. See below on
comments on Axis2.
Axis C++ 1.x family has been used in production by several organizations.

>We're also looking at the Axis2 project - how far is the Axis2 for c/c++
>project advancing? Would you recommend us using axis2 for c++ instead of
>axis-c 1.6?

Axis2 architecture is implemented in C, not in C++, unlike the Axis C++
1.x effort.
Axis2 C is advancing in a steady phase, all basic features of Axis2
arechitecture are now implemented, however, I would not call it
production ready as yet. The tentative plan is to come up with a fairly
stable release by end of March 2006 (that is end of next month).

You can have a look at the samples of the M0.4 release to get a grasp of
how Axis2C is working to see if it fits you:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis2/c/M0.4/

Thnaks,
Samisa...

[Axis2] Problem in om element?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
We have the floowing on line 439 of modules/xml/om/om_element.c:
return axis2_om_element_find_namespace (

(axis2_om_element_t*)AXIS2_OM_NODE_GET_DATA_ELEMENT(node, env),
                    env, parent, uri, prefix);

I think we are doing something wrong here, mixing up the element with
the parent node.

Should we not have the following instead?:
return axis2_om_element_find_namespace (

(axis2_om_element_t*)AXIS2_OM_NODE_GET_DATA_ELEMENT(parent, env),
                    env, parent, uri, prefix);

Or have I missed something here?

NOTE: I get a seg fault in axis2_om_element_find_namespace for some of
the responses from WCF test endpoints.

Thanks,
Samisa...