Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Kulkarni <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/17 21:16:54 UTC

Shifting to Java 7 . Is it good choice?

Hi,

  I have to tweak a few classes and for this I needed few packages which
are
only present in Java 7 like "java.nio.file" , So I was wondering If I can
shift my
development environment of Hadoop to Java 7? Would this break anything ?
Thanks

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni

Re: Shifting to Java 7 . Is it good choice?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Here's the Apache Bigtop JIRA thats leading the Java 7 effort for all
components in the Hadoop eco-system:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-458. This may interest
you.

--
Harsh J

Re: Shifting to Java 7 . Is it good choice?

Posted by Pavan Kulkarni <pa...@gmail.com>.
That was really helpful.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.