Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <ak...@apache.org> on 2024/04/18 19:04:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Tommy Naugle

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Mahout has asked Tommy
Naugle to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has
accepted.

He has a background in data science and analytics, and has already
contributed to web site and documentation fixes as well as to the new QuMat
quantum computing framework.

Being a committer allows many contributors to contribute more autonomously.
For developers, it makes it easier to submit changes and eliminates the
need to have contributions reviewed via the patch submission process.
Whether contributions are development-related or otherwise, it is a
recognition of a contributor's participation in the project and commitment
to the project and the Apache Way.

Please join me in congratulating Tommy!

Andrew Musselman
on behalf of the Mahout PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer: Tommy Naugle

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
yaaay- welcome aboard Tommy!