Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> on 2005/01/25 14:46:43 UTC

IssueZilla tweak re QA contact

We haven't been using QA contact for anything useful, and occasionally
people get confused and set it instead of the owner of the issue.

I've just swept issuezilla for all non-issues@subversion non-blank QA
contacts, transferred the information to the owner field where appropriate,
and then turned off the "useqacontact" configuration parameter, so the QA
contact field will be entirely hidden from the GUI.

Just so everyone knows why it has disappeared...

Max.

Re: IssueZilla tweak re QA contact

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Max Bowsher" <ma...@ukf.net> writes:
> We haven't been using QA contact for anything useful, and occasionally
> people get confused and set it instead of the owner of the issue.
>
> I've just swept issuezilla for all non-issues@subversion non-blank QA
> contacts, transferred the information to the owner field where
> appropriate, and then turned off the "useqacontact" configuration
> parameter, so the QA contact field will be entirely hidden from the
> GUI.
>
> Just so everyone knows why it has disappeared...

+1 all _over_ that, yeah!

Windows install version 1.1.3

Posted by Peter McNab <mc...@melbpc.org.au>.
A brief look at the the downloaded svn-win32-1.1.3-2.zip suggests this
does not have the windows installation capability built in.
Is ther a plan to release one?

If not, to run svn 1.1.3 on an NT box  that currently runs svn-1.1.2 do
I simply replace the old files with the new ones in their original
directories or in the structure laid out in the .zip file.

Peter McNab

Re: IssueZilla tweak re QA contact

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Max Bowsher wrote:
> We haven't been using QA contact for anything useful, and occasionally
> people get confused and set it instead of the owner of the issue.
>
> I've just swept issuezilla for all non-issues@subversion non-blank QA
> contacts, transferred the information to the owner field where
> appropriate, and then turned off the "useqacontact" configuration
> parameter, so the QA contact field will be entirely hidden from the GUI.

Excellent.  Anything that reduces unnecessary complexity is welcome -
especially if it disappears from the huge query form as well, as this has.

- Julian