Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mihai Danila <mi...@mindspark.com> on 2013/05/03 20:16:37 UTC

Binding Plugin Goal to Plugin Goal

Hello,

I'm trying to have the execution of release:branch trigger the execution of a different plugin. I am aware that plugin goals can be bundled together by attaching them to lifecycle phases, optionally using profiles, but is there a way to bind the plugin execution directly to the execution of another plugin, without a lifecycle phase being explicitly invoked?

The reason I ask is that I would prefer for the developers to branch by invoking release:branch, not by activating a profile and running a lifecycle phase like validate. The latter would be convoluted.

In my case, I need release:branch to compute the non-snapshot version corresponding to the current version, in order to name the branch appropriately.

Thanks,
Mihai