Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by DTaylor <Da...@Merge.com> on 2012/06/05 17:54:58 UTC

CXF, EncryptWith and .NET

All,

I'm curious if CXF supports the EncryptWith tag in an RST.  We're attempting
to access a CXF service with a .NET client authenticating through a CXF STS
using the UsernameToken.

In the STS logs, I'm getting:

WARNING: Found a JAXB object of unknown type:
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512}EncryptWith

The incoming RST is attached.

Thanks,

Dan

http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5709132/RST.xml RST.xml

Re: CXF, EncryptWith and .NET

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I've added support for processing EncryptWith and SignWith for CXF 2.6.2:

There is no easy way to stop the 2.5.2 STS rejecting the request that
contains EncryptWith (or any other unknown element). What you could do is
to extend the RequestParser to stop it rejecting EncryptWith elements:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/services/sts/sts-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/sts/request/RequestParser.java?view=markup

Then you would need to also extend the TokenIssueOperation, and @Override
the "parseRequest" method of AbstractOperation to use the new RequestParser:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/services/sts/sts-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/sts/operation/AbstractOperation.java?view=markup

Colm.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM, DTaylor <Da...@merge.com> wrote:

> Is there some way to have it so that if an EncryptWith tag is found in the
> main RST, the STS will still deliver the token rather than crash out due to
> an unfound jaxb element for CXF 2.5.2?
>
> Due to workplace constraints, I am unable to upgrade past 2.5.2 at this
> time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan.

Colm O hEigeartaigh