Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sorin Silaghi <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/15 10:03:52 UTC

Handling attachments from JBI endpoints

Hello,

          Is there any way of handling attachments from the
camel-context.xml ? I'm using camel within Servicemix so all the
messages have to be XML. So I'm adding non-xml messages as attachments
but I would need an unmarshaler that takes the attachment as input and
NMR xml message as output. Is this possible and if not is there
another way of sending non XML in Servicemix ? I mean it's all rather
confusing to me: how can I use unmarshal if messages have to be XML
from getgo ?

thanks,
           Sorin.

Re: Handling attachments from JBI endpoints

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

XML is only mandated as message body content if using JBI (because of the spec).
So if you dont need to use JBI then you can use NMR and Camel where
you can route any kind of object.
The NMR can route any kind of object (yeah the name is a bit misleading).

So avoid using JBI and you are free from the JBI world of XML.

--
Claus Ibsen