Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Ulf Dittmer <ul...@ulfdittmer.com> on 2005/10/04 23:14:31 UTC

WSS4J questions

Hi everybody-

Being new to WSS4J, I have a few questions and comments. Apologies in
advance if this is the wrong list; I could not find a www4j-user list.

1) Timestamp
I'm trying to add one programmatically. There's the WSAddTimestamp
class for the client, but it deals with DOM objects,
while my client works with a javax.xml.rpc.Stub. How does the DOM
object integrate with JAX-RPC? Or do I have to use SAAJ?

2) UsernameToken
I'm trying to add one programmatically like so:

	stub._setProperty(UsernameToken.PASSWORD_TYPE,
WSConstants.PASSWORD_TEXT);
	stub._setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.USER, "wsuser");
	stub._setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.PW_CALLBACK_REF, new
handler.PWCallbackClient());
or, alternatively,
	stub._setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.PW_CALLBACK_CLASS,
"handler.PWCallbackClient");

But in either case, the callback is never called, and no token reaches
the server. Is there more to it that I'm missing?

3) I think the method WSPasswordCallback.getIdentifer should be named
getIdentifier. Or is that misnaming a deliberate decision? Then it
should probably be mentioned in the javadocs.

4) Finally, I'm getting the following the exception when accessing any
WSS4J-secured service, but the service is processed correctly anyway. I
have the Xalan version that comes with WSS4J in my Axis lib directory.

      [java] - Unable to patch xalan function table.
      [java] java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: m_functions
      [java]     at java.lang.Class.getField(Class.java:919)
      [java]     at
org.apache.xml.security.Init.registerHereFunction(Unknown Source)
      [java]     at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Unknown Source)
      [java]     at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.<init>(WSSConfig.java:66)
      [java]     at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.getNewInstance(WSSConfig.java:90)
      [java]     at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSConfig.<clinit>(WSSConfig.java:45)
      [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
      [java]     at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.class$(WSSecurityEngine.java:
87)
      [java]     at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.<clinit>(WSSecurityEngine.java:
91)
      [java]     at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.<clinit>(WSHandler.java:59)
      [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils$2.run(ClassUtils.java:176)
      [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:160)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:100)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getJavaClass(WSDDDepl
oyableItem.java:353)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.makeNewInstance(WSDDD
eployableItem.java:295)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDe
ployableItem.java:274)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeplo
yableItem.java:260)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDChain.makeNewInstance(WSDDChain.java
:125)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDe
ployableItem.java:274)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeplo
yableItem.java:260)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.getGlobalRequest(WSDDDepl
oyment.java:473)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.getGlobalRequest(FileProvider
.java:269)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getGlobalRequest(AxisEngine.java:365)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:126)
      [java]     at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765)
      [java]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2748)
      [java]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424)
      [java]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2347)
      [java]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1804)
      [java]     at
ws.SecSoapBindingStub.calculateRange(SecSoapBindingStub.java:201)
      [java]     at SecTest.main(SecTest.java:49)

Many thanks in advance,
Ulf