Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pani R <pa...@lycos.com> on 2004/04/21 17:05:55 UTC

in <%include> not working

Hi All:

When I use <%@ include file='<bean:message key="test.file">' %>,
the <bean> tag doesn't seem to  pull the corresponding resource from the App.Resource file. Instead, its looking for a file "<bean:message...." and spitting out an error saying File Not Found. Am I missing any fundamental stuff here?

I tried using <jsp:include file=...>. Also, tried various combination of single and double quotes. But nada. It picks the file name as such in ''

I'm sure I'm including the correponding TLD (struts-beans) in the page.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Pani

Re: in <%include> not working

Posted by Ivan <iv...@interd4u.com>.
if you can use tiles, usend the TileControllerClass you can
include-on-the-fly any file specified in a variable.

Re: in <%include> not working

Posted by Daniel Henrique Alves Lima <em...@yahoo.com.br>.
Try something like this:

<bean:define id='myFile'><bean:message key="test.file"/></bean:define>
<jsp:include file="<%=myFile%>"/>

Re: in <%include> not working

Posted by jbalaji <ba...@yahoo.com>.
HI pani,
              pls go through the this.. i think it will help
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<jsp:useBean id="bean" class="org.apache.struts.webapp.exercise.StringBean"/>
<bean:write name="bean" property="labelValue[1].label"/>
Bye,
Jbalaji

Pani R <pa...@lycos.com> wrote:
Hi All:

When I use ' %>,
the tag doesn't seem to pull the corresponding resource from the App.Resource file. Instead, its looking for a file "
I tried using . Also, tried various combination of single and double quotes. But nada. It picks the file name as such in ''