Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mary Alyce Langer <ma...@charter.net> on 2015/08/06 22:02:24 UTC

Question

I can no longer open my Lotus WordPro documents because an ASK screen appears which I cannot delete and with it open my document cannot be opened or revised.

Could these LWP documents be converted to Open Office?  I have hundreds of programs on LWP which I’ve used since about 1995.

I use Windows 7

mal34@charter.net

Re: Question

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 07-Aug-15 06:02, Mary Alyce Langer wrote:
> I can no longer open my Lotus WordPro documents because an ASK screen appears which I cannot delete and with it open my document cannot be opened or revised.

If you can no longer implies that you were able to open them before.
If ASK is blocking this the problem should be with ASK, you probably
have unintentionally installed it when you installed Java from Oracle
where the check box is ticked by default (which I hate).
Search Google how to uninstall ASK

Re: Question

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Try the online service of www.zamzar.com.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Question

Posted by Don Daugherty <dd...@sunflower.com>.
On 8/6/2015 3:02 PM, Mary Alyce Langer wrote:
> I can no longer open my Lotus WordPro documents because an ASK screen appears which I cannot delete and with it open my document cannot be opened or revised.
>
> Could these LWP documents be converted to Open Office?  I have hundreds of programs on LWP which I’ve used since about 1995.
>
> I use Windows 7
>
> mal34@charter.net

Two possibilities
1. Try LibreOffice