Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by mallik arjun <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/11 13:32:48 UTC

how to stream the video from hdfs

hi all,

how to stream the video from hdfs.

Re: how to stream the video from hdfs

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I believe there is a FUSE mount for hdfs which will allow you to open files normally in your streaming app rather than requiring using the jav API.

Also consider that For Media and highly available binary data for a front end I   would guess that hdfs might be overkill because of the blocking/nn requirement..If hdfs is not required  but you still want a hadoop compatible dfs, you could also try gluster which may be a little better suited for read only , unblocked data for streaming from a front end.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 金杰 <he...@gmail.com>.
You may interested in this post  -->
http://internetmemory.org/en/index.php/synapse/using_hadoop_for_video_streaming/