Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Birendar Waldiya <bw...@cisco.com> on 2006/05/12 15:56:44 UTC

java.io.IOException: block[ 0 ] already removed : org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.remove

Hi Forum ,

I am facing a problem with the xls file reading using POI apis' the problem
arises when I get a nely generated file from unix system generated through
soem perl script.
With some data that I need to upload and read using POI api

For the first time when I get the xls file in the form of a zip file I
extract it  into some directory, now I try to read this file usig POI apis
I get java.io.IOException: block[ 0 ] already removed & hence
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The Workbook reader object is null.

as a result of it the file is not read .

Now I open the file and just do a save the file is read properly  can anyone
please tell me what  can the problem ,

Getting following log during nascent read.

Fri May 12 19:14:14 IST 2006:http8090-Processor23:I:template_version is :
NEW

Fri May 12 19:14:14 IST 2006:http8090-Processor23:I:fileProcessor is :
FileParser.ClaimFileProcessor@e634bf

java.io.IOException: block[ 0 ] already removed

at org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.remove(BlockListImpl.java:96)

at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockAllocationTableReader.fetchBlocks(BlockAll
ocationTableReader.java:190)

at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.fetchBlocks(BlockListImpl.java:12
8)

at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.SmallBlockTableReader.getSmallDocumentBlocks(Sm
allBlockTableReader.java:60)

at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSystem.java:
102)

Fri May 12 19:14:14 IST 2006:http8090-Processor23:I:Exception in FileUpload
:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The Workbook reader object is null.

Thanks
regards
Birendar S Waldiya