Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Laurent Forêt <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/22 19:20:59 UTC

Re: Stack Overflow in Continuum XMLRPC server

Today I had exactly the same trouble with a freshly installed
continuum 1.1server.

The simple client code is :

    {
        try {
            ContinuumXmlRpcClient client = new ContinuumXmlRpcClient(new
URL("http://localhost:8080/continuum/xmlrpc"), "admin", "manager1");
            List<ProjectGroup> projectGroups =
client.getAllProjectGroupsWithAllDetails();
            for (ProjectGroup pg : projectGroups) {
                System.out.println("PGID : "+pg.getId());
                client.getProjects(pg.getId());
            }

        } catch (Exception ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

Client Output is :

PGID : 1
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method getProjects in
class org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumServiceImpl: null
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(
XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:184)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(
XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:145)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(
XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(
XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:39)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(
XmlRpcClientWorker.java:53)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java
:166)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java
:136)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java
:125)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.util.ClientFactory$1.invoke(
ClientFactory.java:104)
        at $Proxy33.getProjects(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.client.ContinuumXmlRpcClient.getProjects(
ContinuumXmlRpcClient.java:112)
        at org.laurentforet.continuum11.client.App.main(App.java:22)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:271)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

The server output is :

jvm 1    | 2007-12-22 19:15:03,421 [SocketListener0-1] ERROR
org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcStreamServer  - execute: Err
or while performing request
jvm 1    | org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method
getProjects in class org.apache.maven.continuum.xm
lrpc.server.ContinuumServiceImpl: null
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumXmlRpcMetaDataHandler.invoke
(ContinuumXmlRpcMetaDat
aHandler.java:164)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumXmlRpcMetaDataHandler.execute
(ContinuumXmlRpcMetaDa
taHandler.java:133)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcServerWorker.execute(
XmlRpcServerWorker.java:43)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcServer.execute(
XmlRpcServer.java:83)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcStreamServer.execute(
XmlRpcStreamServer.java:182)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.XmlRpcServletServer.execute(
XmlRpcServletServer.java:103)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumXmlRpcServlet.doPost(
ContinuumXmlRpcServlet.java:19
3)
jvm 1    |      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java
:709)
jvm 1    |      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java
:802)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(
ServletHolder.java:428)
jvm 1    |      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
WebApplicationHandler.java:830)
jvm 1    |      at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(
FilterDispatcher.java:189)
jvm 1    |      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
jvm 1    |      at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java
:118)
jvm 1    |      at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java
:52)
jvm 1    |      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
jvm 1    |      at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(
ActionContextCleanUp.java:88)
jvm 1    |      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(
WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(
WebApplicationHandler.java:471)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(
ServletHandler.java:568)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java
:1530)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(
WebApplicationContext.java:633)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java
:1482)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:909)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(
HttpConnection.java:816)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(
HttpConnection.java:982)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(
HttpConnection.java:833)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(
SocketListener.java:244)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(
ThreadedServer.java:357)
jvm 1    |      at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(
ThreadPool.java:534)
jvm 1    | Caused by:
jvm 1    | java.lang.StackOverflowError
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumServiceImpl.getPGSummary(
ContinuumServiceImpl.java:
231)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.server.ContinuumServiceImpl.getProjectGroupName
(ContinuumServiceImp
l.java:224)
[...]

And so on ! It is probably a bug . I don't think I can deal with this issue.

Laurent.

Posted by Laurent Forêt <la...@gmail.com>.
I mean work around ;) !

Posted by Laurent Forêt <la...@gmail.com>.