Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@spamgourmet.com on 2006/11/16 20:07:00 UTC

Jetspeed 2 URL

I have deployed an Jetspeed 2 Portal into an Tomcat 5.5 application
server. In front of the Tomcat-Server is an Apache web server which is
connected via mod_jk to the Tomcat. Because Jetspeed is now doing the
main work, I want to setup Apache, mod_jk and Tomcat/Jetspeed in this
way that Jetspeed is involved when someone is requesting the web address
of the apache. So I only have to request http://www.address.de and this
site is responding with the site i would get when i request
http://{tomcat}/{portalcontext}/portal. And the user shouldn't know
anything of this 'rerouting'. If there any way I can handle this?  Do i
have to make Jetspeed to the ROOT application of Tomcat? Or can mod_jk
or Apache do the URL-rewriting for me?
Thanks
Ingo