Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sumeet Malhotra <sm...@rhapsodynetworks.com> on 2002/06/11 22:55:17 UTC

How to disable a module

Hi all,

I have got a pre-compile apache 2.0 for PowerPC architecture. It has mod_ssl
compiled into it, which I don't need during startup. I tried to comment out
the sourcing of ssl.conf file from the http.conf but wouldn't help. I still
get error messages like "unable to create 512 byte private key" etc... I
know these problems usually come due to an improper random generator etc,
but I dont want any SSL support in my httpd at all.

Are there any runtime options to disable built in modules?

Thanks,
Sumeet