Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 13:40:11 UTC

why Jmeter is inconsistent in creating scripts

we recorded a particular performance scenario and created scripts using
Jmeter 3 times.

All the time,we follow a same procedure during recording (i.e using same
query and data entry form etc..)

But we can able to execute the script only once.
Many of the times scripts can not be executed.

Could any of you tell me why Jmeter is inconsistent in creating scripts?

Thanks

Re: why Jmeter is inconsistent in creating scripts

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/07/07, Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> we recorded a particular performance scenario and created scripts using
> Jmeter 3 times.
>
> All the time,we follow a same procedure during recording (i.e using same
> query and data entry form etc..)

Do you always clear the browser cache?

> But we can able to execute the script only once.
> Many of the times scripts can not be executed.
>
> Could any of you tell me why Jmeter is inconsistent in creating scripts?

There were occaisionally some problems with JMeter 2.2 proxy recording
whereby some generated samples could be overwritten. But this was not
very common (I think it was more likely to affect AJAX sites, and
selecting different elements of the test tree while it was generated
could cause problems).

These have been fixed in JMeter 2.3RC3.

S.