Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Paul Baclace <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 05:32:28 UTC

checkstyle error messages go where?

I'm building Whirr and see a checkstyle error, but the specific problem
is not presented in an easy to digest fashion, and 11,000 lines of
checkstyle output files is a bit much to sift through without knowing
what to look for.

Clues?

Paul

Re: checkstyle error messages go where?

Posted by Paul Baclace <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Tom. That narrowed down the search to 1 in 500 lines, plus it
gave me hope I was looking in the right place. I did not expect that
checkstyle would be so user-unfriendly to mix together important error
information with large amounts of routine "file foo checked out okay".

Anyone who has an account at jira.codhaus.org, please vote this up:
     http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-51
an unassigned, 6+ year old request to improve checkstyle reporting.

Notes on checkstyle, for the record:

Adding
    -Dmaven.checkstyle.fail.on.violation=true
-Dmaven.checkstyle.usefile=false
to the mvn command line did not result in the checkstyle error being
displayed in stdout/stderr.

Paul

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Whirr hasn't been added ASF Sonar yet. Asked on JIRA again today (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5992)

Can anyone from Whirr team contact Infra for this?

thanks
ashish

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Done.