Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sue Schoch <su...@norman.iris.washington.edu> on 2001/04/24 01:24:45 UTC

compiling mod_jk on Solaris

I thought I'd share my findings on compiling mod_jk on my Solaris 2.7 machine.
I use the Sun C compiler on one machine and gcc on another.  I think I'm
finally able to compile on either machine.   My problem seems to be related
to the apache apxs script not working correctly.  I created a makefile to
use instead of running apxs.  I've listed it below in case it could help
someone else.

Thanks for those of you who tried to send me a compile mod_jk.  I never could
use them because there seemed to be mismatched libraries on my my machine.

Sue Schoch
sue@iris.washington.edu
IRIS Data Management Center

 ---------------------- Makefile.solaris -------------------------------

# Compiles mod_jk.so using either the Sun C compiler or the GNU C compiler
# I believe the problem compiling mod_jk.so as instructed in the tomcat
# documentation is more tied to problems in apxs
#
# Copy to {tomcat-source-home}/src/native/apache1.3/Makefile.solaris
# Pick your compiler and change JAVA_HOME and APACHE_HOME paths
# % make -f Makefile.solaris
#
# Not sure if the -lposix4 is needed or not
#
# IRIS - K. Sue Schoch April 23, 2001

## Following uses the Sun compiler
#CC=cc

## Following uses the gnucompiler
CC=gcc

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2
APACHE_HOME=/export/home/www

LD_SHAREDCMD=ld -G

JAVA_INCLUDE=-I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I${JAVA_HOME}/include/solaris
APACHE_INCLUDE=-I$(APACHE_HOME)/include

all:
        $(CC) -DSOLARIS -c $(APACHE_INCLUDE) $(JAVA_INCLUDE) -I../jk *.c ../jk/*.c
        $(LD_SHAREDCMD) -o mod_jk.so *.o -lposix4