Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by RAJESH KANNAN <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/25 16:31:26 UTC

Starting TOMCAT without opening new DOS promt

Hi all,

We would like to start the TOMCAT server without opening a new DOS prompt.
How should we do this?

With Regards
K.RajeshKannan

Problem shutting down tomcat

Posted by Rafael Angarita <ra...@telcel.net.ve>.
    I just installed tomcat3.3.1 compiling the sources (to increase the
ThreadPool size to 2000) , but  there's a problem shutting down the java
process (using tomcat.sh stop),  an exception is thrown  and  the
process keeps alive (I have to force to finish with shutdown.sh -force
or sending a SIGKILL)
    The output from tomcat.sh

Using classpath: /usr/local/tomcat/bin/../lib/tomcat.jar
Using JAVA_HOME: /usr/java
Using TOMCAT_HOME: /usr/local/tomcat
Stopping Tomcat.
Stopping tomcat on null:-1 null
Guessed home=/usr/local/tomcat-3.3.1
Exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks in advance,

--

Rafael Angarita
Administrador de Sistemas

RE: Starting TOMCAT without opening new DOS promt

Posted by John Trollinger <ja...@trollingers.com>.
<tomcat install dir>/bin/catalina run