Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Pedro Salazar <pe...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2004/01/27 13:06:35 UTC

tar files ignores '.cvsignore' file?!

Greetings,

I created a target task which uses the <tar> ant task to build a tar
file of my source project (the source directory is "."). However, I
detected a strange behavior:

-the .cvsignore file is ignored in the tar file (it has user read access
like all the other files in my project directory).
-all the other '.xxxx' (hidden files in linux) are tarred just fine.

Why is that the .cvsignore is the only file missed in the tar? This
happens also with all .cvsignore files inside in sub directories.

thanks.

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--