Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bryan Murtha <br...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/26 20:46:25 UTC

Attribute status has no value/Custom tag problem

Please help,

    Keep getting Attribute status has no value when I try to pass it in
directly, have to pass it to a variable and then pass it in but the
application architect wants no Java code in the JSP, I know this can be done
I just can't get it to work, only Using Tomcat 3.3 on Windows '98 for a dev
platform.(wish I could use
something else but it's a contract, have no choise)
   I set my tld. tag defininition to look like this:
    <tag>
      <name>jordana_tech</name>
      <tagclass>examples.Jordana_Tech</tagclass>
          <attribute>
            <name>eta</name>
            <required>false</required>
            <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
          </attribute>
          <attribute>
            <name>status</name>
            <required>false</required>
            <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
          </attribute>
          <attribute>
            <name>jobDelayCause</name>
            <required>false</required>
            <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
    </tag>

    Yet I can't pass in the parameter directly. What I want to do is this:

<ul>
<ec:jordana_tech  status="<%= request.getParameter("status").toString()%>"
eta="<%= request.getParameter("eta").toString() %>" jobDelayCause="<%=
request.getParameter("jobDelayCause").toString() %>"/>
</ul>

This produces this error:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException:
C:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.3\webapps\examples\jsp\simpletag\jordana_tech.jsp(16,58)
Attribute status has no value

But if I do this it works just fine:

<%
   String status = request.getParameter("status");
   if(status ==null) status="";

   String eta = request.getParameter("eta");
   if(eta ==null) eta="";

      String eta = request.getParameter("jobDelayCause");
   if(jobDelayCause ==null) jobDelayCause="";

%>
<ul>
<ec:jordana_tech  status="<%= status%>" eta="<%=eta%>"
jobDelayCause="<%=jobDelayCause%>"/>
</ul>