Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2021/09/19 10:27:30 UTC

Usage of Jena OSGi bundle?

Is anyone using the Jena OSGi bundle from a release?

In the 4.2.0 release, the OSGi artifacts were pulled from the
convenience binaries because they didn't work properly. Only Aaron's
diligent testing caught this.

The new problem is with the new dependency - Titanium JSON-LD.

Our testing of OSGi within the build has been imperfect for a while
because a single build from a clean, empty codebase does not work and
the release process does a clean build.

We, the development community, don't have OSGi skills any more - there
are many ways to deploy these days. If there is usage enough to continue
with it, we'd need some help with fixing it.

     Andy