Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> on 2013/06/20 15:34:32 UTC

FW: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop

Hi,

I am trying to import details from oracle through sqoop but i got the below error.    13/06/20 09:09:21 ERROR manager.OracleManager: Failed to list databasesjava.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
I've put an entry into the TNSname.ora file and also added ojdbc jar with sqoop lib folder.
Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Manickam P

Re: FW: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Manickam,
it's hard to guess what is happening without the additional information that Jerome has asked for.

But nevertheless, my guestimate would be that your JDBC URL contains wrong service name and therefore the ORA-12514 is thrown. I would suggest to contact your database administrator to see what service name you should be using.

Jarcec

Re: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop

Posted by Venkat <ve...@gmail.com>.
Usernames should be in upper case as mentioned above.   With
list-all-tables, you get the list of tables owned by the user, which is
SCOTT in this case

Thanks

Venkat

--
Regards

Venkat

RE: Unable to connect to oracle database from sqoop

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:29:30 +0200
From: michal.taborsky@gmail.com

To: user@sqoop.apache.org

./sqoop-list-databases --connect  "jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=MyIPAddress)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=cp)))"

java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:458)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:521)        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.OracleManager.makeConnection(OracleManager.java:308)        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52)        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.OracleManager.listDatabases(OracleManager.java:604)

        at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ListDatabasesTool.run(ListDatabasesTool.java:49)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)

        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:229)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:238)

Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:47:11 +0200

From: michal.taborsky@gmail.com
To: user@sqoop.apache.org

 ./sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/cp --username scott --password tiger

Posted by Michal Taborsky <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Michal Taborsky <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi Michal,

Posted by Michal Taborsky <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hello Michal,
Thanks for your reply. I tried with your input but after that also i'm getting the same error. i've given below the script i used. ./sqoop-list-databases --connect  "jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=MyIPAddress)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=cp)))"
Do i need to add any jar file in the sqoop lib apart from ojdbc jar?
when i try the above script i got the below exception. I've added the complete stack trace. 13/06/21 02:52:43 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 100013/06/21 02:52:43 ERROR manager.OracleManager: Failed to rollback transactionjava.lang.NullPointerException        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.OracleManager.listDatabases(OracleManager.java:615)        at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ListDatabasesTool.run(ListDatabasesTool.java:49)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:229)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:238)13/06/21 02:52:43 ERROR manager.OracleManager: Failed to list databasesjava.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:458)        at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:546)        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:236)        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:521)        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.OracleManager.makeConnection(OracleManager.java:308)        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52)        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.OracleManager.listDatabases(OracleManager.java:604)        at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ListDatabasesTool.run(ListDatabasesTool.java:49)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:229)        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:238)Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Posted by Michal Taborsky <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Manickam,

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
Given below is the scoop script i used.  ./sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/cp --username scott --password tigerJDBC driver directory - which directory you mean here? i have put ojdbc jar in sqoop lib folder. Is that fine or am i missing anything here?

Thanks,
Manickam P

Posted by Jérôme Verdier <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi,