Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Faraz Ahmed Kohari <fk...@wxs.nl> on 2000/06/13 16:45:03 UTC

Need help in handling HTML problem

Hi,

I am using Xalan to generate HTML from an XML & XSL source.

As part of the output I am drawing a "TABLE" limiting a row to display 3
cell. I was trying to do this in the following way...(<xsl:output
method="HTML" />

<TABLE>
<TR>
<xsl:if test="(position() mod 3) = 1"></TR><TR></xsl:if>
	<TD><xsl:value-of select="NAME"/></TD>
</TABLE>

However, for obvious reasons the </TR><TR> does not work. I tried to put
them in a CDATA block but this results in the characters being escaped and
"&lt;/...etc" being sent to the browser.

Any suggestions on how I can handle this?

Thanks

Re: Need help in handling HTML problem

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@webde-ag.de>.
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:45:03 +0200, Faraz Ahmed Kohari wrote:

>However, for obvious reasons the </TR><TR> does not work.

Consult the XSL FAQ at
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.pawson/xsl/xslfaq.html

Sorry I don't have a specific URL, but the problem is 100% solved there
(it's a common problem). ;)

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Jürgen Hermann (jhe@webde-ag.de)
WEB.DE AG, Amalienbadstr.41, D-76227 Karlsruhe